© Laura Murray 2011
Stars made of fabric, paint, metallic trim and sparkling buttons are great gifts for fiber enthusiasts and will add a dramatic touch to your holiday decorating. These stars are made by using StarBuilder stamps along with paintstik rubbing and fusible appliqué techniques.
Supplies (for star shown)
- 1/4 yd each black or dark purple, dark cranberry, and bright red cotton fabric (or colors of your choice)
- Shiva Artist’s iridescent paintstiks — gold, purple, turquoise, and light gold (or colors of your choice).
- 9″ square extra firm stabilizer such as Floriani Stitch N Shape or Pellon — the type used for bowls and hat brims.
- StarBuilder Set of 4 stamps
- Double stick fusible web such as Steam-a-Seam 2 Lite
- Ribbon or yarn for hanging the stars
- Optional: Gold or silver metallic ric-rac, shiny buttons